Click on one of the following LINKS to view sub-sections of this page :-
SCHOOL ARCHIVES AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION AT THE LIVERPOOL RECORD OFFICE.
1. Bound copies of Esmedunas - from 1909 to 1978 - are available for inspection at the Liverpool Record Office, Central Library, William Brown Street, Liverpool L3 SEW-Tel. 0151233 5817. There are some gaps in this collection and the Association has helped by donating some of the copies it holds. There is no certainty that a copy of Esmeduna was published each Term, which may be the reason for some of the gaps.
2. The Association has also deposited with the Record Office, copies of the Collegiate Times issued between 2002 and 2014. It is the intention to deposit a copy each year when published.
3. Requests to examine the abovementioned documents need to be made in advance by telephoning or e-mailing the Record Office and agreeing a time and date for your visit. The documents will be available at the time and on the date arranged. Copies can be made of the documents - including the use of a camera. The Record Office will require details of the documents copied. Contact can be made via e-mail at - <email@example.com>
4. The reference to be quoted for both the Esmedunas and the Collegiate Times is 373.22 COL.
5. It was thought originally that all the copies of Esmeduna held by the Association would be deposited with the Record Office for safe keeping and future reference. It transpired, however, that the LRO already had bound copies of Esmedunas and that there were only four copies held by the Association, which the LRO did not have. The Association has donated these copies to the LRO. Having no useful purpose, therefore, for the other copies of Esmeduna, they have been returned to the Association. They will be retained by the Association and on a regular basis snippets will be extracted and entered on the Website and Facebook. Arrangements are in hand in this connection.
6. There are, of course, other documents held by the LRO, which relate to the School, Pupils and Teachers. Some of these documents are embargoed for 100 years, especially those relating to personal details. It is possible, however, for research purposes, to examine such records at the discretion of the LRO. By way of example, the son or daughter of a former Old Boy may wish to examine their Father's personal records. An application for such access has to be made on a form (obtainable from the LRO) and there is a small fee payable to the LRO. A telephone call or e-mail to the LRO to be made for this service.
HEADMASTERS1909 – 1929 Mr. S.E. Brown
1975 – 1985 Mr. Ellis Clarke
1905 – 1928 Mr. Walter R. Prideaux
Scholar of Queens` College, Cambridge
Obtained Honours in the Classical Tripos
Schoolmaster at Roehampton, Clifton College and other Schools. Appointed Classics Master at Liverpool College in 1900. Appointed Vice Principal of the Middle and Lower Schools in 1905 1928 – 19?? Mr. V.J. Dunstan
Pupil – Hereford Cathedral School. Scholar of Pembroke College, Cambridge. 1st class Honours Classical Tripos
1938 Mr. H. Houghton
1938 – 1947 Mr. K.A. Crofts
1947 – 1957 Mr. A.L. (“Pat”) Kneen
1958 – 1961 Mr. A.J. Stocks
196? – 19?? Mr. C.R. Woodward
1967 – 19?? Mr. J.H. Gawler
19?? – 1971 Mr. A. Roberts
1973 – 1974 Mr. Ellis Clarke
1974 – 19??
Mr. M.J. Morris
Unfortunately, we do not have a list of awards that have been presented to our members. We do not believe that that there has been no such awards. We believe that our members have been tardy in bring such items to our attention. Come on lads! "Let's be 'avin' yer!"
© Liverpool Collegiate Old Boys' Association (2016)